martes, 28 de abril de 2009

A picture is worth a thousand words


Cuy (Guinea Pig) Roast!


I picked up on a soccer team for a tournament last weekend. We won second place and a pig.

One of the other teams didn't show up so we had a huge muddy scrimmage with spectators. Kent went for a few wild slides in the mud.


My host sisters like to stress out Kent with their constant giggling.



My host mom got out the stone mortar and pestle to make some aji, or spicy sauce, with pumpkin seeds, hot peppers, water and salt.




I helped.


Kent and I hiked up to the sacred Lechero Tree in the morning and got an amazing view of Otavalo on one side and Laguna San Pablo on the other.



1 comentario:

  1. 2nd place and a pig -- I love it. Brings back some amazing memories... Cuidate bien!

    ResponderEliminar